A Brief Introduction of the Short Term Mission Scheme
Hong Kong Christian Short Term Mission Training Centre
& Chinese Evangelistic Resource Centre
Room 701-707, 7/F, Citimark, 28 Yuen Shun Circuit, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Tel. : (852) 2751 7744
Fax : (852) 2751 7444
Office hour :
Monday to Friday : 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday : 9:00am to 6:00pm ( Sunday and Public holiday closed)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookstore open hour:
Monday to Saturday : 11:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday and Public holiday closed
Direct telephone line : 3563 6002
It is a Gospel outreach and mission training centre,
working with churches and theological seminaries
in full-time training believers.
Hong Kong Christian Short Term Mission Training Centre was established in 1988. It is a cross-denominational mission training organization. Its purpose is to promote local and overseas Chinese mission scheme. Our main effort is to train Christians who commit either two years or one year to training to become short term missionaries, to enable them to have a breakthrough in their spiritual lives, to put their heart for Gospel outreach as well as their evangelistic methods into practice. At the same time, it caters for different people groups with a variety of training courses, equipping them for Gospel outreach and providing them with opportunities to practice.
The route map of the Short Term Mission Scheme:
Missionaries : Motivate short term missionary graduates to become long term missionaries
(full-time missionaries or tent-makers).
Mission fields : Motivate churches to obey the Great Commission, from local to overseas.
Mission group : Motivate Chinese to be concerned about souls of their fellow countrymen, from Chinese to people all over the world.
Rise up Christians, spread the Gospel, short term training and long term mission!
Full-time short term mission training course:
- Two Years’ Short Term Mission Training for those -
1. Inspired to commit two years to Gospel outreach.
2. Consider to commit themselves to full-time ministry,
3. Co-workers in churches and evangelistic organizations,
4. Laymen serving at churches.
Course starts : September each year
1. Must be clear of the value and significance of committing two years to spread the Gospel;
2. Hard working, has the zeal for unconverted souls and sets one’s heart not for comfort or ease;
3. Genuine faith, sure of one’s salvation, being baptized for over a year or more;
4. Read the bible at least once;
5. Recommended by his/her church or evangelistic organization;
6. Over 18 years old;
7. Physically, spirituality and mentally healthy;
8. Passed secondary school examination or at higher academic level.
A local short term missionary is one who is sent, supported and supervised by his/her church. He/she is supposed to assist the clergy and co-workers of his/her church, taking up the responsibility of promoting personal evangelism inside or outside the church as well as the responsibility to follow-up new Christians.
- One Year Short Term Mission Training –
1. Possess the same qualifications as those of the Two Years’ Short Term Mission, but has only one year available for training;
2. Course starts: September each year.
1. Form 1 or above academic level;
2. Other qualifications are the same as those of the Two Years’ Short Term Mission;
3. Course starts: September each year.
Note: 職青 and 基青 students can apply for Two Years’ Short Term Mission Training if their academic result satisfies Centre’s requirements and are recommended by their own churches.
- Three Months to One Year’s Short Term Mission Training –
1. Theological seminary graduates, church ministers and church leaders who desire to further their study in Gospel outreach ministry;
2. The whole course lasts from three months to one year; Course starts September, December and April each year;
3. Upon the Centre’s approval, he/she is free to choose subjects of study according to his/her needs.
Two Years’ Short Term Mission Training Course :
Course contents include lectures on biblical and evangelical theology, equipping for spiritual and moral growth, mission and evangelism, practical training, follow-up and discipleship Training, leadership training, apologetics knowledge as well as language training for Gospel outreach purposes.
Number of short term missionary graduates (from 2/1988 to 8/2012) : 563
Number of churches involved : 250
Theological students / Pastors 35.3%
Full time ministry (churches / organizations) 17.8%
Statistics re number of people outreached by short term missionaries (2/1988 to 12/2011) :
Sharing the Gospel - 238,654
Commitment of faith - 35,170
Seeking to know more - 47,296
Coming back to the Lord - 2,424
根植教会 - 1,891
Correspondence, email - 131,028
Telephone - 85,947
Meeting out, home visits - 79,965
Bible study / Course study - 33,540
Attending church - 19,289
Average Gospel tracts given out : 2,000
Number of people led to Christ by a two year short term missionary is 100 in average.
Consultants, co-workers and Board members of the Centre -
Members of the Board :
And make offerings to support the frontline Gospel ministry.
May the Lord bless you.
My response :
Name / Name of the Organization __________________________ (Minister / Pastor / Mr / Ms / Miss )
Member of (church) : ____________________________________
Telephone : Mobile ______________________ (others _________________________)
Fax / email : ____________________________________________________________
My / Our response to the work of Hong Kong Short Term Mission Centre : (Please “tick” the appropriate area - ) :
- Pray for the staff and ministry of ‘Short-Term Mission’
- Receive monthly issue of ‘Short Term Mission Scheme’
- Commit Two Years or One Year to Short Term Mission Training
- Apply for various evangelistic training courses (Name of the course _____________________)
- Volunteer at the Short Term Mission Centre.
- Make an offering
>> Not regularly offering $ __________ support the following ministries:
*May send ‘the Authorized Direct Debit form’ to the above mailing address.
~ Centre’s general expenses
~ Gospel charity funds
~ Staff wages subsidies
~ Evangelistic resource
~ Short term missionary grants
~ Gospel Outreach
~ Ministry projects
~ Others (please indicate) ___________________
Offering methods :
< Cheque : Crossed and payable to Hong Kong Christian Short Term Mission Training Centre Ltd.
< Cash : Please pay directly at our Centre.
< Deposit into bank account : Hong Kong Bank 054-1-048401, 大新銀行 2870013858, Please mail the docket to us, so that we can credit your account and forward the receipt to you.
< PPS : Business account number 9524, Please fill in the 缴賬编號, 付款编號 and the transaction date. Send the docket to us, so that we can credit your account and forward the receipt to you.
Note : Offering of $100 or above is recognized by Hong Kong Government as a tax deductible donation.
Our Centre not only organizes full time two years’ or one year’s short term mission training. It also organizes various part-time training courses which includes :
尊青 (Part-time short term missionary )Evangelistic Training –
1. Requires the same application qualifications as those of the Two Years’ Short Term Mission Training;
2. One year course starts April each year;
3. Trained at the same time with the full time missionaries, classes on Tuesday morning and Thursday with 2 sessions conducted in classroom and 2 sessions in practical training as well as practical at one’s own church on Saturday.
4. 尊青students whose academic result satisfies the Centre’s requirement and are recommended by their own churches, can apply for one year or two years’ short term mission training course, and the subjects and practical training taken at 尊青 will be credited towards the course.
常青 (Over 50 years of age) Evangelistic Training (formerly 「長青」, name changed 9/2012) :
1. Course for believers over 50 years of age, (over 300 believers took the course);
2. Two mornings each week, course starts each March and September, 4 months in a term;
3. 2 sessions each week, one session conducted in classroom and one session in practical training;
4. Foundation class and senior class are available;
5. Foundation classes are available in various districts (57 students took part in the training〔2001-2011〕in 屯門, 元朗, 天水圍, training in various Hong Kong Island districts are also available as of 9/2012).
倩青 (Women) Evangelistic Training :
1. For women believers, (over 530 women took the course);
2. There are morning and afternoon classes, course starts each March and September, 3 months in each term;
3. Foundation class and senior class are available;
4. 2 sessions each week, one session conducted in classroom and one session in practical training;
5. Foundation classes training are available in various districts (105 students took part in the training〔2001-2011〕in 屯門, 元朗, 天水圍, training in various Hong Kong Island districts are also available as of 9/2012).
晚青 (Short term missionary in the evening) Evangelistic Training :
1. It is for those in the work force, 18 years of age and above, (over 600 believers took the course);
2. Evening class starts April and September each year, 8 sessions conducted in classroom and 8 sessions in practical training;
3. Foundation class and senior class are available.
暑宣 (College students) Evangelistic Experience :
1. It is for students, workers and theological students (over 1,200 believers took part);
2. Training last 7-14 days, available in summer holidays from July to August each year.
少青 (Teenage believers) Evangelistic Experience :
1. It is for student believers, (over 350 teenagers took part);
2. Available in summer holidays each year, lasts 7-10 days.
冬宣 (Christmas Short Term Mission Experience) :
1. It is for believers in general, (over 2,300 believers took part);
2. Available at Christmas season each year, lasts 3-4 days.
Comments from church ministers :
“Praise the Lord for using the Short Term Mission Centre to do the evangelistic training, equipping soldiers to serve in churches.” Rev. Wing Keung Lam (Senior minister of Tai Po Alliance Church).
“My impression of the Short Term Missionaries is their courage to commit their lives to live out what they believe. They are hard working evangelistic missionaries. They co-operate well with their pastors. They are in deed the ones to receive God’s blessings.” Rev. Tsang Fung Tung (沙田平安福音堂).
Course by 牧職神學院 and Hong Kong Short Term Mission Centre
聖工學士(Minor in Evangelism)
(Available full time and part time)
1. Purpose of the Course :
It is specially designed for believers who are called to full time pastoral ministry and evangelistic ministry, (course starts second half of August each year).
2. Course emphasis :
There are 160 credits in the whole course. Among those compulsory subjects, 57 credits belong to the evangelistic subjects. They are Evangelical Theology, Evangelical History, Applied Theology, Gospel and Hong Kong, and subjects relevant to church planting and church growth, as well as practical evangelistic training.
3. Course arrangement :
i.) Four years full time 聖工學士 (Minor in Evangelism) – takes up a total of 160 credits, among those, 1/3 belongs to evangelism, mission, church planting and church growth.
ii.) Three years full time 聖工學士(Minor in Evangelism) – takes up a total of 120 credits,
It suits the two years’ course graduates from Hong Kong Christian Short Term Mission Training Centre. They should apply within 5 years after graduation. Applicants who graduated over 5 years, their experience involved in evangelistic ministries will be considered.)
iii.) Part-time course (Four years part-time study, one year full time study) - takes up a total of 120 credits. It suits short term mission alumni who work full-time in evangelistic organizations or churches.
“聖工學士(Minor in Evangelism) is a continuation of the short term mission training course. It equips the graduates with theology, strengthens the church’s pastoral ministry and its growth, motivating the whole persons in evangelistic ministry.” Pastor Tak Ming Liu (Kowloon 平安福音堂)
For other details, please refer to : www.hkcmi.edu (牧職神學院 > Main Page > Course’s Brief Introduction校本部 > 聖工學士 > Evangelism).
Evangelistic Resource Supply Centre
The Evangelistic Resource Supply Centre of Hong Kong Short Term Mission Centre makes and searches for all kinds of evangelistic, educational and apologetics tools that are suitable for outreach to the Chinese. A book store is set up at the Centre in Shatin named ‘Hong Kong Short Term Mission Book Store.’ Other than selling evangelistic books, DVDs and gifts, the Hong Kong Short Term Mission Book Store is specialized in providing all kinds of evangelistic and educational resources, so as to encourage believers to obey the Great Commission to spread the Gospel in every day life.
Hong Kong Short Term Mission Book Store
Specialized in supplying evangelistic and educational tools
Business hours :
Monday to Friday : 11:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday : 11:00am to 6:00pm ( Sunday and Public holiday closed)
Tel : (852) 3563 6002
Email : email@example.com
Gospel hotline 999
Welcome to call us on 3575 5999 and listen to messages for life, as well as to search for the meaning of truth.
Self-help service : Gospel messages, inspiring testimonies and children’s stories. You are welcome to leave messages : will answer within a week.
We are very happy to answer your questions about faith. You are welcome to introduce your friends to call us too.